This procedure must be followed when filing claims against Norwegian automobile insurance companies/the Norwegian Motor Insurers’ Bureau (Trafikkforsikringsforeningen):
- Contact the responsible insurance company in Norway (if damage is done by an unknown or uninsured vehicle, contact the Norwegian Motor Insurers’ Bureau (Trafikkforsikringsforeningen), which is obliged to respond within 10 days at the latest.
- Submit the damage report, certificate of vehicle identity etc.
- Give the estimate of the extent of the damage. Document the extent of damage.
- Do not acknowledge responsibility before contacting the responsible company.
This guide is valid as of October 2002
I.PRINCIPLES OF LIABILITY
A.INSURANCE CONTRACT BENEFICIARIES
B.SCOPE OF COVER C.GUARANTEE FUND (TRAFIKKFORSIKRINGSFORENINGEN)
III.MATERIAL DAMAGE IV INJURY TO PERSON
A. MEDICAL ASSESSMENT OF THE INJURY
- DEFINITION OF HEADS OF DAMAGE
- METHODS OF COMPENSATION